1. PROFESSIONAL PROFILE SITE
“Chloe Smith is a driven and ambitious multimedia content creator exploring ideas of emotion and the intercultural relationships between people. Chloe is currently studying at the University of Wollongong, majoring in Digital Media and minoring in International Studies. She creates visual stories to strengthen relationships and connect people globally. Chloe continues to refine her practice experimenting with different forms of media to push the boundaries of how we consume media.”
I will continue to work on the website, Matt gave some great feedback on my profile statement and will work on the short biographical statement too.
- a biographical statement (100 – 150 words) or abridged CV that summarises your tertiary education background, skills, works, and key achievements etc. **
GRAD SHOW PLANNING:
- “THERE IS NO FUTURE” as a theme for the show.
- I’ve picked my 3 images for the auction 🙂
2. CRITICAL REFLECTION PORTFOLIO
I am going to really focus on establishing what ‘futures means for me’. I really need to focus on experimenting with what was lacking in MEDA301, I want to focus on craft and research, the guest lecture really inspired me this week, and there were some really relevant and interesting things Leung chi Wo had that was relevant to his work, but could also influence my media arts project at the end of semester.
3. MEDIA ARTS PROJECT
- Personal narrative, personal experience.
- The idea of time, how can you portray the past and the present to inform the future?
- Let’s work on multi media practice; so, sculpture (Frozen in time, present? Or past?), video (Past), HOW DOES THIS INFORM OUR FUTURE?
- WHAT SENSES ARE WE GOING TO USE: Sight smell, sound, taste?
- POWERFUL HISTORY
- NON LINEAR
- A CLOCK. A MOTIF?! LAYERS AND LAYERS OF MEANING repeated.
- AUDIO! AUDIO! AUDIO!
- Let’s incorporate craft? Pick something you don’t know anything about and experiment with the characteristics of that medium.
- materials used? Paper? Meda301 sculpture? Tullleeeee
- CLASH OF PAST AND PRESENT TO CREATE AN UNKNOWN. JUXTAPOSITION/CONTRAST.
- find some academic research on these ideas and multimedia practice.
I want to create a completely immersive experience, with many different elements that all have a strong dialogue with one another.
- Sculpture – I loved the sculpture I created last semester and from listening to Leung chi Wo’s lecture, i really enjoyed the work Untitled (Love for sale). I like using paper as a material and will research the craft
- Stop motion video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=xgNWGUoNs68. I wish I had discovered this last semester! It reinforces the importance of research and really opens your mind up to different ways of creating media arts projects.
I started looking at other works from the director Christopher Collette:
His cinematography skills are amazing, and the way he tells stories through a combination of shots is something I really want to work towards in this project.
Being a dancer growing up, I have a bit of experience with choreography and want to see if I can incorporate this into either the video/film/projection or sculpture. Dance almost suspends the idea of time into a moment, and holds people into the present, this directly links with the idea of ‘There is no future’. we are only in the present and the future unravels as we live in the moment.
- The Audio: I want this to tie in with the motif I pick, potentially a ticking noise, the idea of a clock. I like the idea of time, I feel that it is a ‘linear’ progression that encapsulates futures, however still gives me room to play with the past and present. I can also contrast this ticking noise with that of the sculpture I create, as that will be frozen in time. In the present.
- The motif: Time & the clock (See above) /Breathing: maybe something could be floating, moving up and down like a chest breathing? The dancers ebbing and flowing to connect this?
Notes from guest lecturer:
Leung Chi Wo lecture:
IDEAS OF SEEING: do we see our future, feel our future
Ideas of a motif
The importance of research
Untitled (Love for sale)***
Ideas of paper, this analyse,
Ella Fitzgerald died on the same day.
Construction and re construction – No politics today!
Issues of identity
Uncertainty of absence, being there but not being there****
maps – research,
The past is physical.
Autoethnographic can I link this?